Welcome to our comprehensive guide on the Dexona tablet uses , Dexona tablet side effects and storage .essential precautions for safe and effective usage. Equip yourself with knowledge to make informed decisions about your health journey. Let us look into it.
Dexona tablet Uses
Given below are all the Dexona tablet uses
1. Allergic symptoms, including hives, swelling, and itching, can treat with Dexona tablets.
2. Asthma: Dexona tablets can be use to manage asthma symptoms such wheezing, chest tightness, and shortness of breath.
3.Autoimmune conditions: Dexona tablet is effective in treating autoimmune conditions including lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. These illnesses are brought on by the immune system of the body attacking its own tissues. The immune system is suppress by Dexona pill, which can assist to lessen pain and inflammation.
4. Inflammatory bowel illness: Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis are two examples of inflammatory bowel diseases that can be treat with Dexona tablets. Intestinal inflammation is a defining feature of many illnesses. The Dexona tablet can assist the patient live a better quality of life by reducing pain and inflammation.
5. Cancer: Dexona tablets may be use alone or in conjunction with other medicines to treat cancer. The most frequent cancers it is use to treat are leukaemia, lymphoma, and myeloma. Dexona aids in immune system suppression, which can aid in halting the spread of cancer.
Above mentioned are Dexona tablet uses
Dexona tablet Side effects
Dexona tablets can be effective in treating a range of medical conditions; however, they may come with some potential side effects. Common adverse reactions include increased appetite, weight gain, and water retention. Furthermore, users may experience mood swings, insomnia, and increased blood pressure.Prolonged usage or elevated doses links to more harsh complications like osteoporosis, muscle weakness, and even Cushing’s syndrome. It’s essential to refer to a medical care expert in advance of beginning Dexona, and if any adverse effects occur, search for current medical concentration. The advantages and risks ought to be cautiously evaluate to guarantee the optimum conceivable results for your vitality.
Here are some most common effects cause by Dexona tablets
|Dexona tablet Side effects||Severity||Frequency|
|Weight gain||Mild to moderate||Common|
|Mood changes||Mild to moderate||Common|
|Difficulty in sleeping||Mild to moderate||Common|
|Increased appetite||Mild to moderate||Common|
|Stomach upset||Mild to moderate||Common|
|Headache||Mild to moderate||Common|
|Dizziness||Mild to moderate||Common|
|Muscle weakness||Mild to moderate||Common|
|Swelling||Mild to moderate||Common|
|High blood pressure||Mild to moderate||Less Common|
|High blood sugar||Mild to moderate||Less common|
|Bone loss||Mild to moderate||Less common|
|Thinning of the skin||Mild to moderate||Less common|
|Easy bruising||Mild to moderate||Less common|
|Acne||Mild to moderate||Less common|
|Changes in menstrual periods||Mild to moderate||Less common|
|Increased risk of infections||Serious||Less common|
|Adrenal insufficiency||Serious||Very rare|
Storage and disposal of Dexona tablets
1. (20° to 25° C) Store at room temperature (68–77° F).
2. Keep out of children’s and animals’ reach.
3. Do not keep it in the freezer or refrigerator.
4. Avoid keeping anything in direct sunlight.
5. Never chew or crush tablets.
6. When tablets are package in a blister, wait to remove them until you are ready to take them.
7. Do not take any tablets that are brake or damp.
1.Take unwanted tablets to a pharmacist for disposal or throw them in the garbage.
2. Make careful you get rid of them in a way that keeps people from unintentionally eating them.
3. For further information on how to discard unused prescriptions, you can also get in touch with your neighbourhood waste management firm.
How does a Dexona tablet work ?
1.A class of hormone known as corticosteroids is produce by the adrenal glands in the body. They support the control of several biological processes, including inflammation.
2. The body’s natural response to injury or infection is inflammation. It is characterise by discomfort, heat, redness, and swelling.
3. A synthetic corticosteroid called Dexona tablet resembles the bodily hormones created by the adrenal glands. It functions by preventing the body from producing specific molecules that lead to inflammation.
4. When a Dexona tablet is ingested, the bloodstream carries the medication to the affected area. Once it gets to the damaged area, it attaches to receptors on cells and stops some of the chemicals that produce inflammation from being produced.
5. Swelling, redness, heat, and pain are all lessened by doing this.
Who should not take Dexona tablets?
Inflammation, allergies, and autoimmune illnesses are just a few of the problems that are treated with steroid medications like Dexona pills. Dexona pills should not be taken by certain individuals, including:
1.Those who have previously experienced an adverse response to dexamethasone or any other steroid treatment.
2. Individuals who have recently come into contact with a shingles, chickenpox, or measles patient.
3. Those who are infected or who have any open wounds.
4. Those with liver or kidney issues.
5. Those who have ever experienced mental health issues, or whose immediate family members have.
6. Individuals who have ever experienced TB.
How to Take Dexona tablets
1.Inflammation, allergies, and autoimmune illnesses are just a few of the problems that are treated with steroid medications like Dexona pills. Although they can also be administered by injection, they are typically taken by mouth.
2. Dexona tablet dosage will change based on the ailment being treated and how the patient reacts to the medicine. However, 0.5 to 1 mg once daily is the customary starting dose. As necessary, the dose can be raised or lowered.
3. It’s crucial to take Dexona pills exactly as your doctor has advised. Never take more or less of the recommended dosage, nor should you take it more frequently than directed.
4. To avoid stomach distress, Dexona pills should be taken with food or milk. Taking them with or without water is an option.
5. Dexona pills should be taken as soon as you remember if you miss a dose. When your next dose is almost due, skip the missed dose and take your next dose as scheduled. To make up for a missing dose, do not double the dose.
6. Your doctor might order blood tests to assess your drug levels if you’ve been taking Dexona pills for a while. They might want to keep an eye out for any negative consequences.
Overdosage of Dexona
Signs of an overdose
- Nausea,Vomiting,Diarrhoea,stomachpain,Headache,Dizziness,Restlessness,Agitation Irritability,Seizures,Coma
Taking care of an overdose:
1.If a medical professional has not instructed you to induce vomiting, do not.
2. Give the patient activated charcoal to aid in the medication’s absorption if they are awake.
3. The patient might require medical attention in a hospital.
4. Avoiding an overdose:
5. Keep Dexona pills out of the reach of kids and animals.
6. Never take more Dexona tablets than your doctor has advised.
7. Never chew or shatter a Dexona tablet.
8. You should contact your doctor or the Poison Control Centre right away if you believe you may have taken too much Dexona.
Precautions for Dexona tablets
1.As recommended, take: Follow your doctor’s instructions on the Dexona dosage and frequency. Without first consulting your healthcare professional, never increase the dosage or alter it.
2. Dexona is often administered for a set period of time. Avoid using this drug longer than prescribed or discontinuing it abruptly without consulting your doctor.
3. Medical history: Be sure to tell your doctor everything you know about your health, especially if you have any underlying diseases like diabetes, high blood pressure, glaucoma, osteoporosis, or any infections. Your doctor will use this information to evaluate the potential dangers and advantages of Dexona for your particular case.
4. Interactions and allergies: Let your doctor know if you have any known allergies or sensitivity to any drugs, especially corticosteroids. In order to prevent such problems, be sure to let them know if you are taking any additional supplements, drugs, or herbal products.
5. Corticosteroids like Dexona may have a number of negative effects, particularly if taken for a prolonged period of time. Increased hunger, weight gain, fluid retention, mood swings, sleeplessness, elevated blood pressure, and a compromised immune system are typical side effects. If you have any unsettling or severe side effects, speak with your doctor.
6. Illnesses and immunisations: Dexona might impair your immune system and increase your susceptibility to illnesses. Stay away from people who are contagious, such as those who have the measles or chickenpox. Additionally, let your doctor know if you have any immunisations coming up.
7. Pregnancy and breastfeeding: If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are already nursing, talk to your doctor about the potential risks and advantages of using Dexona. Your doctor will advise you accordingly if it’s not appropriate to use in a certain circumstance.
Warnings for Dexona tablet
1.Serious adverse effects: When taken in large quantities or for extended periods of time, corticosteroids like Dexona can cause serious negative effects. Adrenal suppression (lower function of the adrenal glands), Cushing’s syndrome (excess cortisol in the body), osteoporosis (thinning of the bones), an increased risk of infections, psychological consequences (mood swings, agitation), and ocular issues (glaucoma, cataracts) may be among them. To reduce these risks, your healthcare professional should closely monitor you.
2.Symptoms of withdrawal: Prolonged usage of Dexona Tablets can inhibit the adrenal glands’ normal synthesis of cortisol. Rapid dosage reduction or abrupt medication discontinuation might result in withdrawal symptoms such as weakness, joint pain, muscle pains, low blood pressure, and potentially fatal adrenal insufficiency. It’s crucial to adhere to your doctor’s recommendations for gently weaning off the medicine.
3.Dexona can decrease the immune system, which increases your susceptibility to illnesses. If you already have an infection, Dexona may hide the signs or exacerbate the condition. Any illnesses you now have or have ever had, as well as any symptoms of infection that may appear while undergoing treatment, should be disclosed to your doctor.
4. Dexona tablets may interact with a variety of different pharmaceuticals, including certain antibiotics, antifungal treatments, anticoagulants, and several vaccinations. To prevent potential interactions, let your healthcare provider know about all the medications you are taking.
5. Medical issues: Some people with specific medical disorders may not be able to take Dexona. If you have or have ever had diabetes, hypertension, glaucoma, osteoporosis, gastrointestinal ulcers, or psychiatric illnesses, let your doctor know.
Dexona portable computing devices employment offers convincing rehabilitation for diverse medical conditions, but they additionally approach adverse Dexona tablet uses and also Dexona tablet side effects that demand cautious consideration. whereas it can furnish comfort and enhance well-being, it is crucial to take advantage of this drug responsibly below the advice of a health services expert. remain proactive, prioritise your well-being, and take charge of your vitality roam for a brighter and healthier coming.
*Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only and should not substitute professional medical advice. Please consult a healthcare professional for a thorough evaluation of your symptoms and appropriate treatment.
Author Contribution: Reviewed by Dr. Ram Reddy, MD – General Physician, Rajeshwar Rao, Pharm D.