Voveran SR 100 tablet is a medication that contains diclofenac sodium as its active ingredient. Diclofenac sodium belongs to the class of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and is commonly use to its analgesic (pain-relieving), anti-inflammatory and antipyretic (fever-reducing) properties. The recommend dosage of Voveran SR 100 may vary depending on the severity of the condition is to treat and the individual’s response to the medication. It is usually taken orally once or twice a day, with or without food, as prescribed by a doctor. It is important to follow the prescribed dosage and duration of treatment in order to achieve the desired therapeutic effects.
Voveran sr 100 tablet Uses
Voveran SR 100 tablets, which contain diclofenac sodium as the active ingredient, use for various therapeutic purposes. Some of the common Voveran SR 100 tablet uses include
- Pain relief: Voveran SR 100 is mainly used to relieve pain. Voveran sr 100 tablet uses may be to relieve mild to moderate pain associated with conditions such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout flares, musculoskeletal injuries (such as sprains and strains), and postoperative pain.
- Anti-inflammatory effects: Voveran SR 100 has anti-inflammatory properties and is often use to reduce inflammation associated with various conditions. It helps to reduce swelling and inflammation in joints, tissues and affected areas.
- Fever reduction: Voveran SR 100 may help reduce fever in people with fever caused by infections or other underlying conditions.
- Treatment of arthritis: Voveran SR 100 is often prescribe to treat the symptoms of arthritis, including pain, inflammation, and joint stiffness. It may improve mobility and overall quality of life for people with arthritis.
- Musculoskeletal disorders: Voveran SR 100 tablet uses can treat musculoskeletal conditions such as sprains, strains and lower back pain. It helps reduce the pain, inflammation and discomfort associated with these conditions.
Dosage of Voveran sr 100 tablets
The dosage of Voveran SR 100 tablets (diclofenac sodium 100mg) may vary depending on your condition, the severity of your symptoms and the prescribing healthcare professional’s judgement. It’s important to follow the specific dosage instructions given by your doctor. However, here are some general dosage guidelines for Voveran SR 100 tablets:
- Adults: The typical starting dosage for adults is usually one Voveran SR 100 tablet (100mg) once a day, or as prescribed by your doctor. In some cases, the dosage may be adjusted based on individual response to treatment and the severity of symptoms. The maximum daily dose of diclofenac sodium should not exceed 200 mg per day.
- Elderly people: Elderly people or those with certain medical conditions may require a lower starting dose to minimise the risk of side effects.
- Duration of treatment: The duration of treatment with Voveran SR 100 tablets may vary depending on the underlying condition to treat. It’s important to complete the full course of treatment prescribed unless otherwise advised by your doctor.
- Administration: Voveran SR 100 tablets should swallow whole with a drink of water and taken with or after a meal to minimise the risk of an upset stomach. Do not crush or chew the tablets as they are formulated as extended release tablets.
Side Effects of Voveran Sr 100 tablet
Voveran SR 100 tablets (diclofenac sodium 100mg) can cause certain side effects in some people. Although not everyone will experience these side effects, it’s important to be aware of them. Common side effects of Voveran SR 100 tablets may include
- Gastrointestinal effects: These may include upset stomach, indigestion, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, and loss of appetite. In some cases, these effects may be minimise by taking the medicine with food or milk.
- Cardiovascular effects: Voveran SR 100 tablets may rarely cause increased blood pressure, fluid retention and oedema (swelling). Individuals with pre-existing cardiovascular conditions may be at higher risk of experiencing these effects.
- Central nervous system effects: Some people may experience headaches, dizziness, drowsiness or confusion.
- Skin reactions: Rarely, Voveran SR 100 tablets may cause skin reactions such as rash, itching, hives, or photosensitivity (increased sensitivity to sunlight).
- Liver and kidney effects: Voveran SR 100 tablets may rarely affect liver and kidney function. It’s important to monitor liver and kidney function with regular blood tests during long-term use.
- Haematological effects: Rarely, Voveran SR 100 Tablets may cause changes in blood cell counts, including decreased levels of white blood cells, red blood cells, and platelets. This may increase the risk of infection, anaemia, or bleeding.
How does Voveran Sr 100 work
Voveran SR 100 tablets contain the active ingredient diclofenac sodium, which belongs to the class of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
- Prostaglandins are substances involve in pain, inflammation and fever. They are produce in response to tissue damage or injury and play a role in promoting inflammation and sensitising pain receptors.
- Diclofenac sodium in Voveran SR 100 works by blocking the action of an enzyme called cyclooxygenase (COX), specifically the COX-1 and COX-2 enzymes. These enzymes are responsible for producing prostaglandins.
- By inhibiting the COX enzymes, diclofenac reduces the synthesis of prostaglandins. This leads to a reduction in the pain, inflammation and swelling associated with various conditions such as arthritis, musculoskeletal disorders and inflammatory conditions.
- Voveran SR 100 is formulate as a slow-release tablet, which means that the drug is release gradually over a longer period of time. This sustained release allows a constant level of diclofenac to be present in the bloodstream, providing prolonged pain relief and reducing the frequency of dosing compared to immediate-release formulations.
How to take Voveran sr 100 tablet
- Dosage: Take the prescribed dosage of Voveran SR 100 tablets as directed by your doctor. The typical starting dose for adults is one tablet (100mg) per day, but the dosage may vary depending on your condition and response to treatment. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose unless advised to do so by your doctor.
- Administration: Swallow the Voveran SR 100 tablets whole with a drink of water. Do not crush, chew or break the tablet as it is a delay release tablet designed to release the medication gradually over time.
- Timing: Voveran SR 100 tablets are usually taken with or after a meal to reduce the risk of upset stomach. Follow your doctor’s or pharmacist’s instructions regarding the timing of your doses.
- Duration: Take Voveran SR 100 tablets for the full prescribed duration unless otherwise advised by your doctor. Stopping the medication abruptly may lead to a recurrence of symptoms or other complications. If you have any concerns about the duration of treatment, discuss them with your doctor.
- Additional instructions: Your doctor may give you special instructions based on your individual condition. It’s important to follow these instructions carefully and ask any questions you may have.
Storage of Voveran sr100 tablets
- Storage temperature: Store Voveran SR 100 tablets at room temperature, preferably between 20°C and 25°C (68°F and 77°F). Avoid exposing the tablets to excessive heat or cold as extreme temperatures may affect their stability.
- Moisture: Protect tablets from moisture by keeping them in a tightly closed container. Avoid storing them in areas of high humidity such as bathrooms or kitchen cupboards near sinks.
- Light: Do not expose Voveran SR 100 tablets to direct sunlight or strong artificial light. Store in a cool, dry place away from windows and sources of UV radiation.
- Children and pets: Keep the medicine in a safe place out of the reach of children and pets to prevent accidental ingestion.
- Original packaging: It is recommend that you store Voveran SR 100 tablets in the original blister pack or container provided by the manufacturer. This packaging is design to protect the tablets from external influences.
Disposal of Voveran Sr 100
- Do not flush: Do not flush Voveran SR 100 tablets down the toilet or pour them down the drain. Flushing medicines can contaminate water sources and harm the environment.
- Follow local regulations: Check your local regulations or guidelines regarding the disposal of medicines. Different regions may have specific instructions on how to dispose of medicines safely.
- Take-back programmes: Many communities or pharmacies offer take-back programmes for the safe disposal of unused medicines. These programmes provide designated drop-off locations or scheduled collection events. Contact your local pharmacy or healthcare facility to find out about take-back programmes in your area.
- Medication Drop Boxes: Some pharmacies or law enforcement agencies have secure medication drop boxes where you can safely dispose of unused medicines. Check to see if there is a drop box near you.
- Mix with an unappealing substance: If specific disposal options are not available, you can mix Voveran SR 100 tablets with an unappealing substance such as used coffee grounds or cat litter. Place the mixture in a sealed bag or container and dispose of it in your household waste. This will help prevent accidental ingestion.
- Remove personal information: Before disposal, be sure to remove any personal or identifiable information from the medication packaging.
Alternative to Voveran SR 100
- Other NSAIDs: Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) similar to diclofenac sodium, such as ibuprofen, naproxen and celecoxib, may be considered as alternatives. They work by reducing pain, inflammation and swelling. Different NSAIDs have different strengths and side effect profiles, so the choice depends on the individual’s condition and medical history.
- Acetaminophen (paracetamol): Acetaminophen is a pain reliever and fever reducer that works by a different mechanism from NSAIDs. It can be used as an alternative for mild to moderate pain relief. However, it has minimal anti-inflammatory effects compared to NSAIDs.
- Opioid analgesics: For severe pain that is not adequately controlled with NSAIDs or paracetamol, opioid analgesics may be considered. These medications require careful monitoring and should only be used under the guidance of a healthcare professional due to their potential for dependence and side effects.
- Topical analgesics: Topical formulations such as creams, gels or patches containing ingredients such as lidocaine or capsaicin can provide local pain relief without systemic side effects. They are often use for musculoskeletal conditions or localised pain.
- Physical therapy: In some cases, physiotherapy, exercise programmes or other non-pharmacological interventions may be recommend as an alternative or adjunct to medication for pain management. These approaches focus on improving strength, flexibility and function while reducing pain.
Voveran SR 100 is a potent medication commonly prescribe for pain relief and inflammation management. Its active ingredient, diclofenac sodium, effectively targets the root causes of discomfort, providing much-needed relief to patients suffering from various conditions. However, it is essential to use this medication responsibly, following the prescribed dosage and consulting a healthcare professional to avoid potential side effects. Voveran SR 100 has proven to be a valuable ally in alleviating pain and enhancing the quality of life for many individuals, making it a trusted choice for pain management when used judiciously under medical guidance.
*Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only and should not substitute professional medical advice. Please consult a healthcare professional for a thorough evaluation of your symptoms and appropriate treatment.
Author Contribution: Reviewed by Dr Ram Reddy, MD – General Physician, Rajeshwar Rao, Pharm D.